Submission deadline: January 24, 2022
The Steering Committee invites you to submit an abstract for Poster and/or On-demand presentations for the ASCE International Conference on Transportation & Development (ICTD 2022), scheduled to be held in Seattle, Washington on May 31–June 3, 2022, at the Hyatt Regency Seattle, Downtown.
Accepted Poster presentations must be presented in person at ICTD 2022 on June 2-3, 2022. Virtual poster presentations will not be an option.
Accepted On-demand presentations must be pre-recorded and will be made available to registered conference attendees only, via the ICTD 2022 On-demand library. On-demand presentations are not included in the in-person conference program.
Advanced & Emerging Technologies
- CAV Impacts
- UAV Impacts
- Data Sensing and Analytics
- AI in Transportation
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
Planning & Development
- Transportation Mobility & Accessibility
- Collaborative Community Partnership
- Redevelopment, Infrastructure and Community Planning
- Sustainable Transportation and Urban Development
- Infrastructure Systems
- Freight & Logistics
- Transportation Economics & Finance
- Community Design
- Social Equity, Justice and Welfare
- Transportation and Public Health
- Workforce Development, Diversity and Inclusion
- Pandemic Impact and Recovery
- Traffic Operations
- Transportation Safety
Aviation Planning & Operations
- Airport Planning, Capacity, and Delay
- Airfield Development and Safety
- Airport Terminals
- Airport Asset Management
- Airport Technologies
- Airport Access & Airport Ground Transportation
- Airport Pavements
Rail Transportation & Bus Transit
- Innovative Freight Rail System Construction and Maintenance Techniques
- Innovative Freight Rail Logistics and Intermodal Connections
- All-electric Bus Deployments
- Latest Advances in Electric Charging Infrastructure for Buses
Automated People Movers - Automated Transit Systems
- Major Activity Centers and Urban Transit Projects
- Personal Rapid Transit (PRT), Monorails, Moving Walkways, and Other Systems
- Automation Related to Upgrading Train Control Systems
- New and Emerging Technologies
- System Improvements
- Safety, Security, and Standards
- Fixed Facilities
- Operation and Maintenance (O&M)
- Project Delivery
- Planning and Policies
- Poster presentation at the conference
- On-demand PowerPoint presentation
The call for papers is now closed. Papers are not being accepted under the submission options listed above.
General Notes and Requirements on Submissions
- To submit a request for a full session or pre-conference workshop please contact the conference co-chair
- Abstract submissions will be reviewed for decisions on acceptance. The Conference Steering Committee reserves the right to remove abstracts from a full session on technical grounds and/or add other submitted abstracts that are a better fit for the session. Presentations will be selected from the open call as well as by special invitation.
- In cases where an abstract is submitted under a “paper” category, papers will only be included in conference proceedings upon meeting the requirements for final approval. The proceedings will be published within 3 months of the conference.
- A maximum of three submissions for podium presentation per speaker will be accepted.
- If your submission is accepted under any submission category, you will be required to register for the Conference by the Speaker Registration Deadline and will be required to make a PowerPoint presentation (if approved for podium presentation) or display your poster (if approved for poster display) in your approved and assigned session. Registration by the speaker registration deadline is also a mandatory requirement for the inclusion of a paper in the conference proceedings if submitted and approved.
- For those intending to submit a paper for the conference, the allowable file type for papers is MS Word. PDFs are not allowed. All papers should be in accordance with ASCE’s paper formatting guidelines.
- The deadline to submit final papers is Monday, January 24, 2022
- ASCE does not reimburse or pay the presenter's costs to attend the conference.
Proceedings will be published online to document this conference on August 31, 2022. Authors of accepted abstracts for papers will be required to submit an 8–12 page final paper for inclusion in the proceedings. The paper should be in accordance with ASCE’s paper formatting guidelines. The proceedings will be published and copyrighted by ASCE. It is the author’s responsibility to obtain any necessary permissions or approvals from employers, project owners, or clients prior to submission of the final paper for publication. Material included in your submission from previously published sources, including online sources, may require permission from the copyright holder of that publication or website. It is the author’s responsibility to obtain permission for the reuse of this material and to include the appropriate credit information in the paper.