Papers are optional for accepted abstracts; those submitted will be published upon final approval in ASCE’s Post-Conference Proceedings on August 31, 2020.
Abstract Submission Deadline:
Emerging Technologies & Their Impacts, Transportation Safety, Highway Pavements, Traffic Operations, Airfield Pavements, Aviation Planning & Operations, Infrastructure Systems, Freight & Logistics, Sustainable Transport, Transportation Economics & Finance, Bike & Ped, Planning & Development, Rail Transport & Engineering, Public Transit, Diversity and Inclusion, Workforce Development, and Other (to be used only if none of the other categories apply).
- Abstract for a PowerPoint presentation at the conference only.
- Abstract for a PowerPoint presentation at the conference, with full paper in conference proceedings.
- Abstract for a Poster at the conference, with full paper in conference proceedings.
- Abstract for a Poster at the conference only.
You may choose to submit a session proposal by emailing it to Debi Denney. Session proposal must include the name of a moderator and abstracts for four presentations on the same topic/theme, along with name and affiliation of speaker(s) for each presentation. You may also choose to submit a proposal for panel discussions of no more than 90 minutes. The proposal must identify a title, and a description of the session and panelists. Proposals for panel discussions must also be submitted to Debi Denney by January 24, 2020.
General Notes and Requirements on Submissions
- Abstract submissions will be reviewed for decisions on acceptance. The Conference Steering Committee reserves the right to remove abstracts from a full session on technical grounds and/or add other submitted abstracts that are a better fit for the session. Presentations will be selected from the open call as well as by special invitation.
- In cases where an abstract is submitted under a “paper” category, papers will only be included in conference proceedings upon meeting the requirements for final approval. The proceedings will be published within 3 months of the conference.
- A maximum of three submissions for podium presentation per speaker will be accepted.
- If your submission is accepted under any submission category, you will be required to register for the Conference by the Speaker Registration Deadline and will be required to make a PowerPoint presentation (if approved for podium presentation) or display your poster (if approved for poster display) in your approved and assigned session. Registration by the speaker registration deadline is also a mandatory requirement for inclusion of a paper in the conference proceedings if submitted and approved.
- For those intending to submit a paper for the conference, the allowable file type for papers is MS Word. PDFs are not allowed. All papers should be in accordance with ASCE’s paper formatting guidelines.
- ASCE does not reimburse or pay the presenter's costs to attend the conference.
Proceedings will be published online to document this conference on August 31, 2020. Authors of accepted abstracts for papers will be required to submit an 8- to 12-page final paper for inclusion in the proceedings. The paper should be in accordance with ASCE’s paper formatting guidelines. The proceedings will be published and copyrighted by ASCE. It is the author’s responsibility to obtain any necessary permissions or approvals from employers, project owners, or clients prior to submission of the final paper for publication. Material included in your submission from previously published sources, including online sources, may require permission from the copyright holder of that publication or website. It is the author’s responsibility to obtain the permission for reuse of this material and include the appropriate credit information in the paper.